Coach Pradip Humagain has given up Nepalese citizenship. He has now become an American citizen.
Humagain told GoalNepal about the switch on Sunday as he thought it was necessary to inform Nepalese football fans.
"United States gave me everything. They recognized my soccer abilities and awarded me the citizenship (after fulfuling all criteria). I have nothing to say wrong about Nepal and Nepalese football. I am now an American coach", said Humagain from USA.
He admitted that he had expected some coaching role in Nepal.
"Honestly, I was expecting some coaching role in Nepal. I even asked for volunteer coaching job but I wasn't given any opportunity. Switching citizenship is definitely an emotional move but it's about career so I have to move on", he added.
"I have full respect for Nepal and Nepalese football. I will be happy to coach Nepalese club or national team in coming years", concluded Humagain, who now coaches an academy team in Pennsylvania.
- USA: Dallas Gurkhas Organizing Solidarity Cup 2020
- Former Nepal International Ranjit Shrestha Says He's Recovering From COVID19 Infection
- Australia: Beni FC Clinches Title Of 10th Kandel Consultancy Cup 2020
- FIFA Referee Sudish Pandey To Officiate Matches In 10th Kandel Consultancy Cup 2020
- USA: Team Registration Open For 5th Annual Nepali New Year Cup